Re: [Xen-users] Check list need to be done when cloning Xen VM (Para)

Hi,

I am guessing you mean internal to the PV VM (within the disk device
attached as the root volume).
These are the 2 main things:
Networking (/etc/network/interfaces or /etc/sysconfig/network/*)
Hostname (/bin/hostname $HOSTNAME and /etc/hostname et al)

Also note you will want to use either LABEL or standard device paths
for your disk volumes (like /dev/xvda1) and avoid UUIDs.
This includes GRUB, /etc/fstab and anything passed to the kernel
command line. If you have issues booting past initramfs make sure to
check this with cat /proc/cmdline.

Obviously you need to configure a new xen config file with a new name
and point it to the new cloned volume as it's root disk.

Joseph.

On 6 May 2011 02:06, Ryan Chan <ryanchan404@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am cloning a VM (Para), using LVM.
>
> Are there any checklist need to be done when I finished cloning?
>
> E.g. change Mac address, IP
>
> Thanks.

Kind regards,
Joseph.