RE: [Xen-users] performance degradation of xen

  • To: "xc l" <nudtxcl@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 22:20:46 +1000
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 11 May 2011 05:21:45 -0700

> 1.I divide my desktop(2 processors ,2G memory) into two VMs(each
entirely owns
> 1 processor ,1G memory).Then I run two tasks
simultaneously(task0,task1, they
> are independent to each other) on these two VMS,the time consumed is
T0;

> 2.I run the same two tasks simultaneously straightly on the
desktop,and the
> time consumed is T1.
>
> I found that T1 is always 2 times as T0.Is this result common or is
there any
> papers(reports) illustrates this kind of question?

If the two tasks are CPU bound and you half the amount of CPU you give
to them (eg by running them on the same VM instead of separate VM's)
then you will roughly double the required runtime. Is that what you were
doing in #2 or have I misunderstood?

James