Improving XCP [was Re: [Xen-users] XCP: Insecure Distro ?]

Picking up on some of your other points:

Yes, Xen documentation sucks big-time. For example, it's impossible to find
what boot methods are available (pygrub, pvgrub, etc.), what works with what,
and what's obsolete. Of course, saying "somebody ought to..." is a time-honored
way of volunteering :) You up to it? Time, enthusiasm, and being able to work
with people are more important than deep knowledge, IMHO.

Further hardening of dom0 is a really interesting idea. For example, is there
really any need for a shell? Any need for any users who can do a
general-purpose log-in? All we want is to start, stop, monitor, and configure
domUs. Even grub has a lot of extra junk in it. Talking about what we want is
appropriate for xen-users, methinks. Xen-dev can tackle hiw to implement.

What do folks think?

--
Michael South
msouth@xxxxxxxxxx