[Xen-users] XL Toolstack console doesn't work. XM Toolstack console does work.

Hey all,

I've been having a strange issue since upgrading to Xen 4.1.0 on CentOS 5.6
host OS. Running on jeremy's 2.6.32.x kernel.

Working with the XM Toolstack I am able to create PV domU's and can attach to
their consoles. However when I create the same domU with XL Toolstack I am
unable to connect to the console, either with XL or XM.

Here's my steps I've followed to produce this:

From a clean boot:

xl create /etc/xen/truestream

>> Parsing config file /etc/xen/truestream
>> Daemon running with PID 4647

xl list

>> Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs   State   Time(s)
>> Domain-0                                     0   512     2     r-----
>> 17.9
>> truestream                                   2  2048     1     r-----
>> 43.8

xm list

>> Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State
>> Time(s)
>> Domain-0                                     0   512     2     r-----
>> 18.0
>> truestream                                   2  2048     1     r-----
>> 57.1

xl console 2

>> xenconsole: Could not read tty from store: No such file or directory

xm console 2

>> xenconsole: Could not read tty from store: No such file or directory

shutdown -r now

Again from a clean boot.

xm create /etc/xen/truestream

>> Using config file "/etc/xen/truestream".
>> Started domain truestream (id=1)

xm console 1

*jumps to working console*

Contents of /etc/xen/truestream

kernel = "/boot/dom_U/ubuntu/10.04/x86_64/vmlinuz"
ramdisk = "/boot/dom_U/ubuntu/10.04/x86_64/initrd.gz"
builder='linux'
memory = 2048
name = "truestream"
vcpus = "4"
vif = [ 'vifname=truestream,ip=xx.xx.xx.xx' ]
disk = [ 'phy:/dev/vg0/www.truestream.co.uk,xvda,w' ]
root = "/dev/xvda1 ro"
extra = "4"
on_poweroff = "destroy"
on_reboot = "restart"
on_crash = "restart"

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. FYI I do have the correct line in
/etc/inittab. When I create the domU with XM Toolstack the routed networking is
fully functional.

Cheers in advance for any ideas at all!

Iain Kay