Re: [Xen-users] centos 5.6 upgrade to 4.1 - no DomUs listed

Randy,

On 05/18/2011 06:42 AM, Randy Katz wrote:
> Andy, had the same nightmare problem, stopped me for days, read and follow
> the networking section in this link, it is not using the Xen scripts to
> create the
> bridge at all, just pure os networking, check it out:
>
> http://wiki.virtastic.com/display/howto/Xen+3.4.3+on+CentOS+5.5+--+Tutorial

Thanks for saving me some headaches :)

I got the network up for one of the VMs.

I tried creating a new VM as shown in the tutorial. Pygrub reports:

Unable to find partition containing kernel

When I do:

xm create test -c
Using config file "./test".
Error: Boot loader didn't return any data!

I had to run pygrub manually to get the "Unable to find partition" message.
I'll run
through the install again, maybe I missed something...

I mounted the image. It has:

config-2.6.18-194.el5xen
initrd-2.6.18-194.el5xen.img
message
System.map-2.6.18-194.el5xen
xen.gz-2.6.18-194.el5
grub
lost+foundsymvers-2.6.18-194.el5xen.gz
vmlinuz-2.6.18-194.el5xen
xen-syms-2.6.18-194.el5

The grub directory only has splash.xpm.gz. No config file. That does not see
right.

> ps - You most likely will not need the vlan .4094 but if you put it in it
> won't hurt
> anything.
> Later if you run into a vlan requirement you will know how to deal with it.

OK.

The VMs still don't show up in the "Virtual Machine Manager" gui. Maybe some
other config
parameter I need to tweak.

Thanks again.
        Andy