Re: [Xen-users] K/Ubuntu 11.04 and XEN 4.1 - Possible?

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 11:23 AM, Outback Dingo <outbackdingo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ok running Kubuntu 11.04, is it possible to get XEN 4.1 installed to virtual a laptop running Kubuntu ?

The generic answer would be "yes, if you compile xen hypervisor, tools, and dom0 kernel from source".
AFAIK there's no packaged version (yet) for either Debian or Ubuntu with complete features (e.g. no tap: support in Debian's dom0 kernel)

I seriously dont want to use Vbox or KVM

Why?

, and need to run other OS for development, so XEN virtualization
on a 8 core laptop with 16 gig memory seem the best bet for mobile development

Since it's a laptop, I actually suggest you just use 64bit OS and virtualbox. Saves lots of headache.

--
Fajar