Re: [Xen-users] VM and VDI deleted, but Space on Storage still used

On 24/05/11 15:29, Tobias Matthaeus wrote:
Hello everyone,

I deleted a VM and the assigned VDI. But the space on the SR is still used. It
seems, that xenserver delete the VDI but not delete the LVM.

The command "lvscan" show me the existings LVMs and there is the LVM from the
deleted VDI. Is this a bug?
I know, I can remove it with lvremove. But is it okay, that the storage place
will not be freed automaticly?

You shouldn't delete LVs yourself. There isn't a one-to-one mapping of VHDs to LVs, and the data may be spread between several LVs. Please refer to this document first: http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX122978

If this doesn't explain your situation, please come back and let us know. It's not inconceivable that you've found a bug ;)

Mike