[Xen-users] kernel-2.6.39

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Permjacov Evgeniy <permeakra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 19:36:16 +0400
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 08:37:37 -0700

When I studied features lists and sources, I found, that 2.6.39 upstream
kernel does not support xen block backend driver yet. However, vanilla
2.6.39 DOES start under xen-4.1 with several minor drawback (console
does not work but Xserver does, network, sound and discs works properly,
even nvidia binary drivers works well) and such system CAN start guests,
BUT I cannot pass any device to guest system (no disks detected by
debian installer).

1) Is there some workaround, i. e. is passing block device into VM still
possible and how? May be I missed something...
2)If not, where I can take sources, based on most recent kernel? (I want
to have access to some new kernel features). My box runs gentoo linux,
so genkernel-compatible sources are preferable (i.e. ones that produce
bzImage and are present in some overlay). xen-sources are too old, sorry.