RE: [Xen-users] "maxmem" without "memory" in hvm-domU-config causes dom0 to reboot

> Anyway I don't know if this is a known (or unknown?) bug (I couldn't
> find any information about it) or if there's something wrong with my
> system, so I'm just asking here if anybody ever had similar problems..

I think that this is the known (and expected) behaviour and I had similar
issues when I set memory < max_mem for an HVM.  My understanding is that Xen is
ballooning RAM for the HVM but the HVM doesn't know how to correctly accept it
as there is no balloon driver.  At some point the HVM then tries to address RAM
between memory and max_mem but as it is not properly configured it crashes.

James