[Xen-users] Re: Blank screen (but not frozen) on boot with Xen 4.1 and 2.6.38 pv_ops

Am 19.05.2011 12:11, schrieb Claudiu CurcÄ:
> Hello,
>
> As a follow-up, there seems to be a workaround that works for me, at
> least, on both 2.6.38 and 2.6.39-rc.
>
> If you compile the framebuffer into your kernel and the kernel loads
> it (I compiled the nouveau driver, since I have a nvidia card), the
> display shows up as soon as the framebuffer loads.
>
> Strange, though, that the plain-text console doesn't show anything...

Have you seen the thread called "Xen 4.1 PVOPS 3.0.0-RC1 VGA Console" on
the developers list?

I posted a link to the patches for 2.6.39 and posted a patch for
3.0-rc1. With these patches, the VGA text console works just fine.

Regards,
  Sven