Re: [Xen-users] XCP storage

On Wednesday, June 8, 2011 23:40 AKDT, Denis Cardon
<denis.cardon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Jon,
>
> > I have setup XCP using the install .iso and have been trying to do an
> > install over http, this has failed miserably each time. So now I want to
> > just carve out an lvm from the disk and put my .iso files in there and
> > install off of them. How is this done?
>
> what url are you using? http://ftp.debian.org/debian ?
>
> Does you dom0 have access to the internet? Can you wget the following
> url from dom0 :
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/squeeze/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/xen/vmlinuz
>
> . If not, you could check dom0 network config.
>
> If you cannot have access to internet from dom0 (internal policy, etc.),
> then you can set up an internal web server with the content of the
> following directory :
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/squeeze/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/xen/
>
> . You are not required to download more since you can configure the
> debian installer to use a proxy after initial kernel/ramdisk loading.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Denis

Hi Denis,

I am trying to install from a local webserver where I have an iso loop back
mounted. I have tested that I can connect and pull files from this using wget.
I am trying to install CentOS5.5 64bit and have used templates for RH 5, CentOS
5 and Other Media without success. Here is how I am trying to do it:

 uuid=$(xe vm-install template='Other install media' new-name-label='CO5')
----Doesn't seem to matter which template I use.

netuuid=$(xe network-list bridge=xenbr0 --minimal)

xe vif-create vm-uuid=$uuid network-uuid=$netuuid mac=random device=0
other-config-install-repository=http://192.168.9.35/home

xe vm-param-set uuid=$uuid other-config-install-repository=cdrom,http

xe vm-start uuid=$uuid

This works to start the VM but it never looks to the http repo that I have on
the local network. In VNC it says that it cannot find the CD or HD for the
install. How do I get it to look to my webserver to install from the loop back
mounted iso?

Thanks for the help,

Jon