[Xen-users] [XCP] XCP network and VLAN by Open vSwitch

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Wei-Chih Chen (陳偉志) <wcchen.tw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 18:13:23 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 03:14:44 -0700

Hello Everyone,

I am new with XCP.
I've setup several hosts with XCP 1.0 and manage it through XenCenter and command console.
Each host has two NICs, one (xenbr0) connected to a physical switch for Internet (said sw1), the other (xenbr3) connected to a physical switch for internal network (said sw2).

I am trying to setup VMs and VLANs on xenbr3.
I created a virtual bridge by "ovs-vsctl add-br brvlan2 xenbr3 2"
Then add a port (portvlan2) to brvlan2:
     ovs-vsctl add-port brvlan2 portvlan2 tag=2
     ifconfig vlan2 192.168.33.200
Now the problem is that I do know how to attach portvlan2 to VM.
Could someone give me simple steps to setup VLANs using Open vSwitch and attach them to VMs?

Moreover, the newly created bridges are not shown in XenCenter.
If I use xe network-create, the newly created network can be shown in XenCenter.
Is this because XenCenter uses xe command and does NOT support to show Open vSwitch?
The question I wonder most is what is the difference to configure XCP network using xe and ovs- commands?

Thanks a lot. :)

Regards,

Wayne