Re: [Xen-users] Networking how does it really work?

  • To: Rafael Weingartner <rafaelweingartner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Todd Deshane <todd.deshane@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 23:26:06 -0400
  • Cc: Xen-user-list <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 20:27:53 -0700

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 10:32 PM, Rafael Weingartner
<rafaelweingartner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey guys...
> I hope that you can help me with these information...
<snip>

Very clear and detailed information for sure. You should write
howtos/documentation.

One thing that should help you is that you should use:

"xe vm-install template=Other\ install\ media" for installing VM based on ISOs.

I still don't understand why your network doesn't work. It should
"just work" like we said and from what you have shown everything looks
normal. The best way to debug that part is to do tcmpdump or tshark
network traces at all sides of this. So on the bridge, on the vif, and
within the guest (once you have one). See:

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX120869

To get a guest working if the other install media option doesn't work
for some reason, you can download prebuilt Xen Virtual Appliances
(.xva) files and copy them from a USB drive to your XCP server to be
able to import them. For example:

http://www.xvpsource.org/?topic=build&page=appliancevm

(as an aside XVA: downloads are also available from Stacklet.com at a
small subscription fee)

I hope that the "Other install media" option gets you farther. Please
feel free to post your results from the network debugging as well as
any logs that might contain useful information /var/log/messages,
dmesg, /var/log/xensource.log, etc.

Thanks,
Todd

--