Re: [Xen-users] bridge networking issue from dom0 to the world

On 23 Jun 2011, at 16:47, Con Hennessy wrote:

> Hi,
>  I'm trying to setup xen and have figured out most of my issues. However I'm
> stuck with a networking issue.
>
> From my dom0 I can ping the world and my domU. However I cannot ping anything
> except the dom0 from inside my domU.

Can you ping the domU from the outside world?

> # cat /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp | grep -v <empty lines and comments>
> (xend-http-server yes)
> (xend-unix-server yes)
> (xend-unix-path /var/lib/xend/xend-socket)
> (xend-port            8000)
> (xend-address localhost)
> (xend-relocation-hosts-allow '^localhost$ ^localhost\\.localdomain$')
> (network-script 'network-bridge bridge=br0')
> (vif-script vif-bridge)
> (dom0-min-mem 512)
> (enable-dom0-ballooning yes)
> (total_available_memory 0)
> (dom0-cpus 0)

Are you using the xm toolstack still (e.g. xm create /etc/xen/test2.cfg)?

If you are using the XL toolstack then you should look at /etc/xen/xl.conf and
uncomment the bridge line there.

Also if using XL then you need to disable the init.d script for xend and enable
init.d script for xencommons.

If you're not using the XL toolstack, have you tried that?

Iain