[Xen-users] [XCP] Console with PV kernels?

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Derrik Pates <demon@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 17:15:50 -0600
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 16:17:19 -0700

All:

I'm currently using the older Python-based Xen tools on a cluster of machines, but we're looking to transition to XCP as the platform of choice for our applications. However, I've run into one issue that's sort of a blocker: paravirtual Linux domUs boot and run, but the console device is strangely broken. Most of the output reaches the connected user (some bytes are dropped), but any input is apparently completely lost. The VMs in question work perfectly with the older Xen environment, and as I mentioned, everything else seems to work identically. Is there something I need to do with XCP (we're currently testing with a mix of 0.5 and 1.0, we'll be moving totally to 1.0 in the near future, and this happens with both) to make this work right? A change in the domUs? We're just using 'console=xvc0' or 'console=hvc0' as appropriate, and running a normal getty against the console device. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Regards,

--
Derrik Pates
demon@xxxxxx