Re: [Xen-users] could not get IP address for the interface created by netfront driver on HVM guest

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 7:31 PM, veerasena reddy <veeruyours@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> And when I explicitly ran dhclient on domU, i observed "5 bad udp checksums
> in 5 packets" which was causing drop of packets and the DHCP reply observed
> in tcpdump was not reaching DHCP client.
> when i disabled Tx checksum on the dom0 vif corresponding to the netfront on
> domU, i could successfully get IP address assigned for my interface on
> Guest.
> # ethtool -K vif1.0 tx off  <<<---- executed on dom0
>
> Any idea why the "bad checksum" happening with PV driver? (while everything
> was fine with pure HVM).

checksum is kinda on-and-off thing with Xen. At this point I'd suggest
trying later kernels for domU. In particular, Ubuntu's 2.6.38-server
kernel work fine on my setup (including DHCP). You might want to start
with latest stable kernel (which shouldn't require any additional
patch).

--
Fajar