[Xen-users] Re: Xen pci device #0

On 1 July 2011 10:34, James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > I think I just found the cause of this. It appears that any high
>> > network load causes 100% CPU utilisation. None of the processes are
>> > taking up the CPU cycles though, so I assume its the XenNet driver.
>>
>> Just an update. Starting with a fresh XP SP3 install, I tried
>> installing (in that order):
>>     1. Latest version from hg
>>     2. 0.10.0.134 from meadowcourt
>>     3. 0.11.0.238 from meadowcourt
>> Each time reverting to initial state via System Restore.
>>
>> The results were all similar:
>>     1. Xentop shows no block activity
>>     2. Unresponsive UI + bad speed when transferring files from Dom0
> to VM
>>     3. For small files (<5MB), the above problem doesn't occur
>>     4. For file transfers from the VM to Dom0, the above problem
>> doesn't occur as well
>>     5. Stray Xen pci device #0 with no driver installed
>>
>> The same thing occurs with check RX checksum dis/enabled.
>>
>> I now suspect that something changed in the recent xen and/or kernel
>> (since I'm running yesterday's snapshot) that's causing this. Or is my
>> hardware at fault?
>>
>> Please tell me if I can be of help remedying this.
>>

> Can you post your domu config file?
>
> James

#cat /etc/xen/XPTest.cfg
builder='hvm'
memory = 1024
vcpus = 2
name = "XPTest"
vif = [ 'type=netfront, mac=00:01:23:00:23:23, bridge=xenbr0' ]
disk = [ 'phy:/dev/mapper/VMStore-XPTest,hdb,w', 'file:/gplpv.iso,hda:cdrom,r' ]

# boot on floppy (a), hard disk (c) or CD-ROM (d)
# default: hard disk, cd-rom, floppy
boot="cd"
sdl=0
vnc=1