Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4.0 - prerequisites for succesfull live migration?

On 07/07/2011 06:06 AM, Todd Deshane wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 6:44 PM, Danilo Godec <danilo.godec@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 6.7.2011 20:30, Todd Deshane wrote:
>>> Can you try an xm save, followed by an xm restore manually to see if
>>> those work? xm migrate is basically just a combination of those.
>>
>> I tried the save / restore on the same host and it doesn't work - the
>> restored VM is not responsive.

I had migration and save/restore issues with xen 4.0 on debian and
ubuntu. (See thread "Live migration on xen 4.0.1 fails" on this list
(dated 04/2011).
I did not really find out, what went wrong. Now I use xen 4.1 and
migration works (with 2.6.38+ pv-on-hvm domUs).

> So this is the first problem. I wonder if there is a known problem
> with this specific Xen version or something specific to your setup on
> OpenSUSE?
>
> I've added the opensuse-virtual list to the CC just in case someone
> can shed some light on it. (here is this message in context
> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2011-07/msg00090.html)
>
> Thanks,
> Todd

regards,