Re: [Xen-users]can we export vdi ?

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 11:25 AM, shreyas pandya
<pandyashreyas1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 07/11/2011 07:03 PM, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 2:33 PM, shreyas pandya
>> <pandyashreyas1@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>>>
>>> hi
>>> is it possible to export vdi just as we export vm
>>>
>>> if yes then how to export it using HTTP?
>>>
>>> thanks

>> How do you export vm?
>>
> by command xe vm-export or
> http://<server>/export?uuid=<vm uuid>

Do this on your XCP dom0:

xe vdi-<TAB>

what you are probably looking for is xe vdi-list
If you have created the VMs with default settings they are stored in
LVM volumes. Use lvs or other lvm commands to match up your vdi to the
LVM volume.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Todd

> note that I am talking about XCP here I don't know about xen hyperviser

Todd Deshane
http://www.linkedin.com/in/deshantm
http://www.xen.org/products/cloudxen.html
http://runningxen.com/