Re: [Xen-users] XEN, virt-manager, win2003 DomU and networking problems.

2011/7/18  <kcobler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Quoting Luis Roberto Romano <luisromano@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
>> Hello again.
>>
>> I'm running XEN 4.0 on Debian Squeeze. I've paravirtualized 3 DomUs and
>> they
>> work properly. I've virtualized (HVM) a win2003 DomU via virt-manager. The
>> installation proccess was successful, but I can't get network conectivity.
>> installed Debian Squeeze as HVM DomU too (for checking if it's a
>> virt-manager problem), but in this case I can connect to my network and
>> Internet properly.
>> I tried to change the network card driver (provided by virt-manager), but
>> that didn't fix the problem.
>>
>> This is my ifconfig:
>>
>> http://pastebin.com/wX6WNtvt
>>
>> This is the config.sxp file generated by virt-manager:
>>
>> http://pastebin.com/y9cXfR2w
>

> The way I was able to get this to work was to not assign the IP address to
> Linux eth0, instead create a bridge and assign the IP address to the bridge
> (br0). Then I use xen bridge networking to allow the guest OS to be part of
> the same subnet as br0.
>
> Ken Cobler

Hello I have your same infrastructure. (Squeeze, 2003)
Virt-manager I have:
        source device = eth0
        device model = "default hypervisor"

I have the vif like you, only that I have the line "(model rtl8139)"
and "(type ioemu)"

To me a past that I do not walk, until you install the gplpv.
You should put device model = "hypervisor default" I set gplpv.

Greetings.