Re: [Xen-users] XAPI on debian installation issue

2011/7/18 Jonathan Ludlam <Jonathan.Ludlam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> OK, there's a new blktap deb there (which you can tell by the date - at some
> point I'll sort things so that the version numbers aren't all 0.1 and the
> release numbers aren't all 1 :-)

The install works. I've cleaned up the wiki page a bit too.

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XAPI_on_debian

I think I am running into a grub2 problem at the moment though. It
won't seem to boot to the Xen hypervisor (I'm grub blind since I am
doing this over a serial connection that doesn't show grub).

I'll try to work through the grub2 issue tomorrow, but any suggestions
are welcome.

here is the /etc/grub.d/20_linux_xen file that comes with debian unstable:

http://pastebin.com/KivyRSsM

Any ideas as to why it won't boot into the Xen hypervisor?

I've done this type of troubleshooting already:

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenCommonProblems#head-26434581604cc8357d9762aaaf040e8d87b37752

It can't even insert the modules for xen-evtchn (no such device),
which makes sense if (like I suspect) the Xen hypervisor is not
actually there.

Xen booting messages don't show up in dmesg or /var/log/messages, so
grub2 seems like the problem for sure.

Thanks,
Todd

Todd Deshane