Re: [Xen-users] Re: XAPI on debian - sr-create issue

On 07/20/2011 11:31 PM, Daniel Stodden wrote:
On Wed, 2011-07-20 at 17:17 -0400, SÃbastien RICCIO wrote:
Looks wedged indeed :)

root@xen-blade13:/var/log# updatedb
root@xen-blade13:/var/log# locate xenstore-access.log
root@xen-blade13:/var/log#

No luck with this one :(
I'm not on top of things with the state of the debian port, so I don't
know what's ported and what not.

Do you have a dedicated blkback build running or is this vanilla 2.6.39?

It's the 3.0.0-rc6-686-pae from debian sid that i'verecompiled with a patch to fix vga issue when used as dom0 for xen.

I also made a typo, should be sth like (note the *d)

dns@vantst16:/var/log$ ls -l /var/log/xenstored-access.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 332848 Jul 19 21:02 /var/log/xenstored-access.log

Do you find /var/log -name '*xenstore*' anything resembling that?

Xen.org has some different name/format for the same thing, iirc.

Do you have sth like this?

No, nothing that looks like this. I'm trying to figure out where it could be stored. Neither I can't find xenstored.conf. It looks like the debian packages for the 4.1 doesn't provide the the same
configuration files as if it was installed from the sources.

After looking at the init.d script that starts xenstore, it seems to use /etc/defaults/xend as config file that contains:

XENCONSOLED_ARGS=
XENSTORED_ARGS=

So I guess no logs are enabled by default for the xenstore daemon.

I'm reading now that Jon found the bug, I'll wait for his fix, try again and let you know.

Thanks,
SÃbastien