RE: [Xen-users] Testing Citrix Xen Server 6 beta PV drivers on Windows 2008 R2

Notice that Kanashiro is not using local disks in this test, but some NAS.

Regards.

From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Eduardo Kanashiro (eduardo.kanashiro)
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2011 3:23 PM
To: Iain Kay
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RES: [Xen-users] Testing Citrix Xen Server 6 beta PV drivers on Windows 2008 R2

Hi Iain,

That is my performance results:

http://www.kanashiro.net/XEN_SERVER6_BETA_PV_DRIVERS_TEST.png

http://www.kanashiro.net/CrystalMark_Bench.txt

Thanks,

Eduardo

De: Iain Kay [mailto:spam@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Enviada em: sexta-feira, 22 de julho de 2011 14:30
Para: Eduardo Kanashiro (eduardo.kanashiro)
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 22 Jul 2011, at 18:11, Eduardo Kanashiro (eduardo.kanashiro) wrote:

Hi mates,

Since Citrix released the Xen Server beta 6, I decided to perform some tests with the PV drivers (Citrix Xen Tools) inside a VM running Windows 2008 R2 and the host server running Xen Source 4.0.2-rc3.

The Citrix PV drivers can run stable on Xen Source 4.x environment without activate test signing mode, but I've checked a lack of disk performance after ran some benchmark tests (CrystalMark).

How does your performance compare to these results here:

Would be keen to compare. That's taken from the latest stable drivers, disk storage is LVM2.

CentOS 5.6 / Xen 4.1.0 / Lib XL / 2.6.39.1 Konrad Wilk's Kernel

Iain