Re: [Xen-users] XEN infrastructure setup question

Am 03.08.2011 um 17:01 schrieb Javier Guerra Giraldez:

> On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 1:39 AM, Abilash Praveen [Consign IT Private
> Limited] <abilash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> 1) How many VMs can I run?
>
> unanswerable, as it totally depends on your needs.  the box is on the
> smallish side, however.
>
>> 2) How do I go about LVM and also use RAID 1?
>
> do a RAID, then set it as a PV, create a VG, then split on your LVs

Or put 2 PVs in 1 VG and create the LVs as mirror (lvcreate -m 1 …)

>> 3) How do I backup VMs (snapshots?)
>
> install backup clients on the VMs

Or you can make a snapshot, check the filesystem of the snapshot, mount the
snapshot and use a backup tool or dd the snapshot to another disk. You can find
backup scripts for this.
http://www.cduce.org/~abate/files/xenBackup.txt