Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4 + Debian Squeeze + one VM in route mode and another in nat mode

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 1:55 PM, Thierry B <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've installed on a debian squeeze server, xen 4 with one VM which run
> in route mode configuration with an IP failover.
>
> I wanted to create another VM which turn in nat mode, so I make that :
>
> - I let my xend-config.sxp with :
>
> (network-script 'network-route netdev=eth0')
> (vif-script     vif-route)
>
> because my first VM is the most important....
>
> For the second, I put that in cfg file :
>
> vif         = [ 'ip=192.168.1.2,mac=00:16:3E:xxxx:xx, script=vif-nat,
> vifname=\
> vif-debianTest' ]

Are you able to confirm that Xen is making use of these scripts?

For example, adding a set -x to the scripts and booting the guest to
make sure the scripts are being called. And/or manually checking that
the iptables rules are being put into place correctly

Another approach is described in this thread:
http://xen.markmail.org/search/?q=nat+networking#query:nat%20networking+page:1+mid:fksxauxxxqxotgz4+state:results

Which links to:
http://www.andrewsorensen.net/blog/post/nat-networking-in-debian-squeeze

Thanks,