[Xen-users] Dom0 on a NFSRoot Environment

Hi,

I'm using Xen for a few years, on diskless Intel servers. These servers boot using PXE to an iSCSI remote disk, and works just fine.

Now I'm trying to do the same, but instead of using iscsi, I would like to use the server booting in a NFS root.

The problem is that, after I boot the server and start Xen, when I try to start a VM, it takes fron 60 to 180 seconds to start the boot process. I tried using CentOS 5.6, CentOS 6.0 and SLES11, all with Xen 4.1.1, and it happens in all of them.

I'm guessing Xen consumes a lot of I/O when trying to start a VM, and NFS maybe is a bottleneck for this. If that's the case, I could mount the specific partition in iSCSI, but I have no idea what partition it should be.

Does anybody have a light on this?

Thanks a lot!
Thiago