Re: [Xen-users] Calculate free memory

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 6:36 PM, Eduardo Bragatto <eduardo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Aug 10, 2011, at 11:33 AM, Muriel wrote:
>>
>>> Someone can explain what happens?
>
> That's what I answered in my last message.
>
>>> There is a simple and reliable way to get as much ram I have available for
>>> domU?
>
> Forgot to answer this little question: yes, there is, "xm info | grep free"
> will give exactly how much memory you can use to create new domUs.

Hi Eduardo, thank you for your answer.
I am afraid that using free to show the ram allocated for the dom0 has
generated a bit of confusion.
I know how free works. The problem is that I disabled the balloon in
dom0 (but doesn't boot with a fixed ram) but in my examples i have:
free_memory> total_memory - dom0_memory

This does not match with:
"free_memory: available memory (in MB) not allocated to Xen, or any
other Domains"

I must set a fixed amount of ram for see correct values in free_memory?

Thanks,
Muriel