Re: [Xen-users] Does anyone try Xen on Kernel 3.0?

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 4:28 AM, LHT. Quác <thuongquoc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I run CentOS 6 with kernel 3.0.0, I use "$ git clone
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git
linux-3.0.0-xen" command and it works. After that can I compile
kernel-xen successfully?

If you like the Redhat feel for things, check out Fedora 15 ... they're running 3.0 "already", and also have Xen 4.1.2 in the standard repos. ÂI was amazed to be running a Xen 4.1.2 box in under 30 min with FC15.

Only catch is no VGA console once Xen boots your Dom0 kernel - so make sure your grub menu.lst also has a non-xen boot option, incase you lose network to your host.

-GordonÂ