[Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] How to start a GUI in Xen PV DomU

2011/9/7 zhikai <gbtux@xxxxxxx>:
> Hi All,
> Could anyone tell me how to start the desktop of a PV DomU? Does Xen support
> the GUI in PV?  And how to run a application with GUI?
> Any reply is appreciated.
> Best Regards,
> Kai

This question is more appropriate in xen-users, so I'm posting the reply there.

There are several ways to have GUI in PV domU. You can have a virtual
frame buffer using something like this on domU config file:

vfb=[ "type=vnc,vncunused=1,vnclisten=0.0.0.0" ]

... and you can connect to domU's "GUI" using "xm vncviewer" (or start
vnc viewer directly).

However, IMHO it's easier (and also better) to just install NX free
edition/freenx/xrdp on domU, and connect with their respective client
from a remote machine.

--
Fajar