Re: [Xen-users] how to get pvgrub of pygrub onto Debian Sqeeze XEN?

Hi Rudi,

Am 07.09.2011 um 12:09 schrieb Rudi Ahlers:

> Hi,
>
> I'm sorry for the direct question, but I can't find an answer on
> google quickly.
>
> I setup a Debian sqeeze server and install XEN using the following
> instructions: http://wiki.debian.org/Xen
> But PvGrub doesn't exist, and the referring URL,
> http://wiki.debian.org/PvGrub doesn't actually have anything for it
> either.
>

> If you look at my other topic, CentOS 6 + XEN problems, you'll see
> that I don't know Debian so this is new to me.
>
> newusaxen:~# cat /etc/debian_version
> 6.0.2
Correct version.

> xm info says I'm using XEN 3, and not XEN4 as I understood from the
> tutorial. Is this correct?
>
> xen_caps               : xen-3.0-x86_64 xen-3.0-x86_32p hvm-3.0-x86_32
> hvm-3.0-x86_32p hvm-3.0-x86_64
Correct. But what says the version field?
xen_major              : 4
xen_minor              : 0
xen_extra              : .1

> Can anyone direct me to a place where I can see how to install PvGrub
> or PyGrub on Debian Sqeeze, preferably using apt-get or something like
> that?
pygrub is part of package xen-utils-4.0

dpkg -S pygrub
xen-utils-4.0: /usr/lib/xen-4.0/lib/python/pygrub-0.3.egg-info
xen-utils-4.0: /usr/lib/xen-4.0/bin/pygrub

> I would prefer not to patch anything if I don't have to.
Not necessary.