Re: [Xen-users] High Number of VMs

Am 10.09.2011 um 13:39 schrieb Andreas Olsowski:

>>> already.
> When i do a live migration of a guest that has its data on a cLVM volume,
> does that work? I mean, wouldnt some kind of "deactivate volume at source"
> and "activate volume at target" have to be incorporated into the xl(or
> xm/xend) toolstacks?

I have not tested live migration, but I am sure that it would not work. I
believe that xl/xm can not deactivate the LV on one host and activate it on the
other. I afraid that xm does not even know that the VM uses LVs as disk, xm can
only distinguish between file and block device. But that is only a guess from
me.