Re: [Xen-users] change file: to tap:aio

On Tue, 2011-09-13 at 16:42 +0200, Sebastian Biedermann wrote:
Dear List,

I try to start a guest instance on hardware node-2 and the image is
located on hardware node-1.
The plan is to do live migration between the two nodes in later steps.
For this, I configured a NFS server on node-1 dom0 which provides the
image and I mount the filesytem on dom0 node-2.

I found out, that booting the instance remotley on node-2 using

disk = ['file:/xen/XenGuest1.img,xvda1,w', 'file:/xen/XenGuest1.swap,xvda2,w']

in the cfg file is not working, because I have to use 'tap:aio:' instead
of 'file:'

I can boot the instance locally on node-1 using the 'file:'
configuration, but not remotely on node-2.
If I do, I get the error during the boot process on node-2: 'Device
51714 (vbd) could not be connected losetup /dev/loop  failed'
I was not able to find out what is going on there or to fix this (there
are enough free loop devices).

Accordingly, I changed the cfg file to:

disk = ['tap:aio:/xen/XenGuest1.img,xvda1,w',
'tap:aio:/xen/XenGuest1.swap,xvda2,w']

But now, I cannot boot it locally and also not remotley. The boot
process hangs with the Error:

XENBUS: Waiting for devices to initialise: 295s...

Can anyone please give me advice?
Thank you!!!

Try adding the following to /etc/modprobe.conf :

options loop max_loop=256

Unfortunately, this is not working. I increased the number of loop devices, I get the same error on node-2:

toor@node-2:/xen$ sudo mount 192.168.0.2:/xen /xen
toor@node-2:/$ cd /xen
toor@node-2:/xen$ ls
disk.img  my.lenny.cfg  swap.img