Re: [Xen-users] vlans over a bond (was Re: [Xen-API] no connectivity vlan)

I personnally use bonded eth + tagged bonding iface, iface in bridge.
Work ok except if you want to use arp monitoring . ARP monitoring doesn't work anymore as soon as bond is part of the bridge:

http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/linux-netdev/2010/4/28/6275952

if you don't mind using miimon instead or don't use bridged network... I would say you can go ahead.

I've not tested it yet, but i've been told that late 2.6.39 and 3.x kernel are fixed for this...
If someone wanna test, i'd love to hear about.

Best regards.

Le 19/09/2011 18:59, Freddie Cash a écrit :
On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 9:53 AM, Todd Deshane <todd.deshane@xxxxxxx <mailto:todd.deshane@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 12:49 PM, Andres E. Moya
    <amoya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:amoya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
    > todd, we want to setup a bond between to nics for the lan access
    are there any know issues in setting up vlans over a bond?

    A good question for the xen-users list. I've add that list to the CC.

We have no problems with vlans over bond over bridge setups with Xen, KVM, and bare-metal. Just be sure to do all the configuration of the vlan/bridge/bond outside of Xen (the xen networking scripts are horrible to work with) and just pass the bridge interface into the vif= line in the domU configuration.

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:fjwcash@xxxxxxxxx>

<http://www.horoa.net>

Alexandre Chapellon

Ingénierie des systèmes open sources et réseaux.
Follow me on twitter: @alxgomz <http://www.twitter.com/alxgomz>