Re: [Xen-users] Re: Is xen planning to support hvm guests booting under UEFI?

On Sat September 24 2011, 5:37:14 PM, chris wrote:
> what windows 8 hvm problem? im running the developer preview as a xen hvm,
> it works fine?

"Red Hat's Matthew Garrett was one of the first to notice that according to
the new logo rules, all Windows 8 machines will need to be have the Unified
Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) instead of the venerable BIOS firmware
layer. BIOS has been pretty much the sole firmware interface for PCs for a
long time."

And as I said, putting aside the problem mentioned further down in the article
that the EFI components need to be signed, that means that qemu-dm / hvmloader
need to support the EFI way of booting.

This is a roadmap requirement of Microsoft, and perhaps doesn't affect
"developer preview"s?