Re: [Xen-users] Unable to get IP address in guest OS through DHCP

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 8:49 AM, Flavio <fbcyborg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a Gentoo Linux guest, which was working very well with the past
> xm tool stack.
> Since the migration to xen-4.1.1 and to the new xl tool stack, I have
> a problem for the IP
> assignation

http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/MigrationGuideToXen4.1%2B
http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/HostConfiguration/Networking
(Gentoo-specific instruction are not listed, but the Gentoo wiki page
on the topic should help
http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Bridging_Network_Interfaces)

> vif = ['bridge=xenbr0']

You should use brctl show to make sure that you have the xenbr0 set up properly.

If it is, you can do networking tracing on the vif and bridge from
dom0 and within the domU for its interface to see where the traffic is
making it to.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Todd