Re: Re: [Xen-users] performance problem with more than one domain U

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 10:10 AM, tex---74@xxxxxxxxxx
<tex---74@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> OK,
> maybe I did not explain very well the situation in my previous post.
>

> Let's say I have 2 VM, called VM "A" and VM "B"
>
> VM "A" has 8 vcpus and
> 12 GB RAM
>
> VM "B" has  1 vcpu and 2 GB RAM
>
> Now, I start the VM A and
> from the VM A I do the command time rm -r  /mydir and I have this time:
>

> 0.15 user
> 0.60 system
> 3:46.79 elapsed
>
> Then I start the VM "B". I
> just start it, but I am always logged to VM "A".
>
> At this point I
> launch another time the command "time rm -r  /mydir" ALWAYS FROM VM
> "A", not B!
> And, on the same VM, this time I have:
> 0.00 user
> 0.56
> system
> 15:33.38 elapsed
>
> The only difference is that now domain "B" is
> running.

Ah, OK I understand now. Try using xentop and drilling down into disk
I/O to see if VM B is using up some of the I/O bandwidth/resources for
some reason.

There's no reason the system shouldn't be able to handle another small VM...

--
Todd Deshane
http://www.linkedin.com/in/deshantm