Re: [Xen-users] 2 Questions about Xen installation and Xen source

Hi Simon,

Thank you very much for your nice advices, I will have a try.

Brs,
Royo

At 2011-10-13 14:52, Simon Hobson wrote:
Zhengwang Ruan (Royo) wrote:

1, I am a freshman to Xen technology, please help me install it. :)

I am trying to install a Xen dm0 in locally machine, but I am confused about some steps to install and xen itself. Could you try to give some answers?

I downloaded xen-4.1.1 package, and extract all files. I found some kernel src files located in xen-4.1.1/xen:

I can't help with the question as asked, but I would suggest that while getting started you would be better using packaged software until you've got your head round things. Most distros support Xen out of the box now, so you should be able to be up and running fairly quickly.

Once you've got things going, and know how to drive it, then you can start building stuff from source knowing that (if you do it right) you have a working config to fall back on AND you know what a working system looks like.