Re: [Xen-users] XCP eserver xSeries 336 support

On Thu, 20 Oct 2011, Stas Oskin wrote:

The same HCL applies to both XenServer and XCP.  XCP 1.1 is based on
XenServer 5.6 SP2.

Then this means if  our server, according to HCL, supported by 5.5 and
lower, our best bet would be staying on 5.5 version?
There is no use of trying either 1.0 or 1.1 versions of XCP?

It depends on what you mean by "support". Since you're considering a move to XCP I suspect you're not interested in purchasing a support contract from Citrix. If you're instead asking if XCP will run on the hardware then the answer is probably yes, especially if you currently have XenServer 5.5 installed. As long as the hardware doesn't include some strange hardware device that requires a driver that's no longer available, supported, or that has some known issues then you should be fine.