Re: [Xen-users] XCP pool upgrade

The different version of xapi (we talking about xapi, when talking about XCP upgrades) can coexist together, but only with extremely limited capabilities. This mode intended only for live pool migration from old hosts to newer one to allow seamless upgrade of platform without interrupting guest VMs operations. During that mode you need to avoid any management operations (like sr creation, vdi resize, new vm creation and so on). Only shutdown, may be start and migrate.

You can met some troubles with guest tools (outdated version), but this can be easily solved by 'faking' guest version (talked may times in this maillist and described on wiki pages).

But just in case be ready to 'worst case' scenario: shutdown all VM and start them back after upgrade.