Re: [Xen-users] Help get Xen 4.1 running

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 7:45 AM, Bud Bundy <budric@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Then I created LVM volume called "ubuntu" (didn't call mkfs on it) and
> created .cfg file:
> kernel = "/usr/lib/xen-default/boot/hvmloader"
> builder='hvm'

Why HVM? PV should provide better performance, and last time I tested it works.

> vif = [ 'type=ioemu, bridge=xenbr0' ]

drop "type=ioemu" from there (doesn't really do anything anyway)

> The ubuntu installation ISO boots and I can VNC into the installation.
>  First the installation throws an error "error while running modprobe -v
> xenbus_probe_frontend" during the search for cdrom step.

Try adding xen_platform_pci=0 to domU config file, and try running
"ethtool -K tx off" for vif*.* and tap* on dom0.

If using xen_platform_pci works, it means you're using qemu-emulated
devices. You can change it later after domU is successfully installed
so that it'd use PV drivers.

--
Fajar