Re: [Xen-users] dom0 - oom-killer - memory leak somewhere ?

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Adrien Urban
<adrien.urban@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I work in a hosting company, we have tens of Xen dom0 running just fine,
> but unfortunately we do have a few that get out of control.
>
> Reported behaviour :
> - dom0 uses more and more memory
> - no process can be found using that memory

Does the dom0 also serve as some kind of file server (e.g. nfs, web)
with lost of files (e.g. several hundred GBs)?

If yes, you might need to set /proc/sys/vm/vfs_cache_pressure to 1000
(or any value over 100). More details:
http://rackerhacker.com/2008/12/03/reducing-inode-and-dentry-caches-to-keep-oom-killer-at-bay/

--
Fajar