[Xen-users] Installing Xen on Ubuntu 11.10 desktop

Hi Guys,

I recently started to use Xen. I am trying to install Xen on a freshly manufactured Ubuntu 11.10 Desktop box. The hardware configuration of the box is Intel 64 bit with 6 G of Ram and 20 G hard drive.

I have tried couple of ways:
1. Install Xen using "apt-get install" both: i386 version as well as amd64 version. On reboot I select the Xen option, but on while performing "sudo xm list", I see error like: "Error /et/xen/xend-config.sxp not present".

2. I also googled for the blogs mentioning the same topic and followed couple of them including:
http://aethylred.blogspot.com/2011/05/xen-41-and-ubuntu-1104.html, I downloaded linux-2.6-xen and generated debian package for "xen"ified kernels, but even after selecting those options on bootup brought no luck.

Please suggest, what are the proper steps to make Xen Dom0 working on ubuntu 11.10. I am planning to do a fresh install.

Thanks you for your support!

Regards,