[Xen-users] Messy "xm console" output and frequently not responding

Resending this message in plain text.

Hi All,

I'm running several linux HVM guests on top of Xen 3.1.2 version. And
when I use "xm console" to connect one guest machine, the message is
messed up like below and after I hit "Enter" serveral times, the
console stops responding.

[root@est6 ~#
              oot@est6 ~]#
                           rot@test6 ~#
                                        oot@st6 ~]# root@test6 ~]#
                                                                   root@est ~]

        root@test ~]#

If I ssh into the guest, everything just looks fine. No warning
message in dmesg or /var/log/message. Another thing I've tried is
using minicom to communicate to guest domain via /dev/pts/9, which is
listed in this guest's xenstore setting. And minicom still shows the
same problem.

I highly suspect it has something to do with this guest's terminal
setting, because other Linux HVM guest's console running on this host
just working fine. Could anyone kindly provide some advice for me ?
Thank you so much!

Following settings for your reference
--
Settings in guest /etc/inittab

                co:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty ttyS0 115200 vt100

Lines in guest /boot/grub/menu.lst

                title Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS (2.6.9)
                         root (hd0,0)
                         kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.9 ro root=/dev/hda1
console=ttyS0,115200n8
                         initrd /boot/initrd-2.6.9.img

Guest's terminal setting after ssh into it. Tried to change terminal
setting via "stty speed 115200" but still not working.

[root@test6 ~]# stty -a
speed 38400 baud; rows 52; columns 144; line = 0;
intr = ^C; quit = ^\; erase = ^?; kill = ^U; eof = ^D; eol = <undef>;
eol2 = <undef>; start = ^Q; stop = ^S; susp = ^Z; rprnt = ^R;
werase = ^W; lnext = ^V; flush = ^O; min = 1; time = 0;
-parenb -parodd cs8 -hupcl -cstopb cread -clocal -crtscts
-ignbrk -brkint -ignpar -parmrk -inpck -istrip -inlcr -igncr icrnl
ixon -ixoff -iuclc -ixany -imaxbel
opost -olcuc -ocrnl onlcr -onocr -onlret -ofill -ofdel nl0 cr0 tab0 bs0 vt0 ff0
isig icanon iexten echo echoe echok -echonl -noflsh -xcase -tostop
-echoprt echoctl echoke

--
uni