Re: [Xen-users] Xen install on CentOS 6.0

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 2:53 AM, Periko Support
<pheriko.support@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 4:27 PM, Ata Bohra <linuxata.bohra@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am trying to install Xen on freshly installed CentOS 6. My machine is
>> Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5205  @ 1.86GHz with VT enabled in the BiOS. I
>> followed below steps to install hypervisor and Dom 0 kernel but things are
>> not working:
>>
>> 1. yum install bridge-utils
>> 2. curl -o /etc/yum.repos.d/kernel-xen.repo
>> http://www.crc.id.au/repo/kernel-xen.repo
>> 3.yum install kernel-xen xen
>> 4. Reboot in Xen kernel.
>>
>> Simple commands like
>>
>> # xm info
>> Error: Unable to connect to xend: No such file or directory. Is xend
>> running?
>>
>> Trying to start xend (/etc/init.d/xend) returns with no msg (success nor
>> failure), I see xend.log (/var/log/xen/xend.log) empty, any idea whats going
>> wrong ?
>>
>> # uname -a
>> Linux <m/c_name> 2.6.32.46-1.el6xen.x86_64 #1 SMP Sat Sep 17 12:00:33 EST
>> 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>>
>> I have send mails to the community earlier too, but ended up getting even a
>> single response (I was trying to install Xen on ubuntu desktop). Hopefully
>> someone will find time to share information on this one.
>>
>> Thanks!

> http://www.crc.id.au/xen-on-rhel6-scientific-linux-6-centos-6-howto/
>
> I try this and works!!!

Glad that it works for you and it is best for you to contact the repo
maintainer you are using if you hit any problems in future as each
package for xen and kernel can be very different.  i.e. some backport
certain drivers into their own dom0 kernel in order to support newer
hardware or onboard devices such as network drivers or some patch
their xen package to include certain features.

Thanks.

Kindest regards,
Giam Teck Choon