[Xen-users] xen and qemu

This is a rather basic question but can someone explain to me how, in practice, xen and qemu fit together - and specifically when one is using paravirtualization?  I can see how one may choose to use qcow2 images to store guests but I'm assuming there's more to it than that.

I appreciate I may be inviting a "go and google that question" response but I have done so and didn't see anything which answers the basic query of how the two work together and, equally importantly, how one uses the two together.  However if this is a complete time waster, feel free to let me know!