Re: [Xen-users] USB Pass through

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Ady Deac <ady@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If it's a dongle, why don't you use it as an drive in your domU (say xvdb?).
> You need to simply add an disk definition for the whole drive.
>
> Eg: 'phy:disk/by-id/you-USB-dongle,xvdb,w'
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Regards!
>
> On 19.11.2011 18:37, Sasan Rose wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to add a USB dongle to my domU. I searched a lot and found an
> instruction (http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/XenUSBPassthrough.html). I added
> followings to domU's cfg file:
>
> usb = 1
> usbdevice = 'host:0925:1234'
>
> But when i create my domU lsusb still doesn't show anything at all and the
> device isn't present in /dev. I found a solution to this problem in a
> mailing list and i added the following to my /etc/fstab
>
> /sys/bus/usb/drivers  /proc/bus/usb       usbfs      devgid=0,devmode=664  0
> 0
>
> but still no luck. I'm using xen 3.2.1 so i guess it's my only option and i
> can't upgrade to xen 3.4 easily because it's a production server. I also
> tried PCI Passthrough but my host which is debian lenny, doesn't have
> pciback module and I had no success in loading that module. Any Ideas?
>
> xen version = 3.2.1
> host = Debian (5.0.3)
> guest = Debian (5.0.9)
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Sasan Rose

The last 2 weeks, I fight vs this with Centos 5x:

1; U MoBo must be able to support IOMMU/VT-x and u must warranty that
is avilable searching the words "I/O Virtualize Enable" something like
this went u run xm dmesg.
2; Example with centos 5x, I enable PCIBACK as module, is not
available on the kernel.
3; setup /etc/modprob.conf
4; reboot and see that pciback is load and that my usb ports where
load by pciback.

run xm pci-list-available

U must receive the id ports u hide from your Dom0, if not u better fix this.

Once u hide the ports from dom0, once u run this command:

lspci -vvv -xxxx, search for them and u will see that the driver say: pciback.

I try with xen 3.4.x, 4.1.1 and works.

In my case USB .2.0 didn't work because the bios had some issue, with
"non-page-aligned MMIO BAR" the fix didn't work, the people from the
list  told me that was the BIOS, usb 1.1 on windows xp pro sp3 works,
with 3 different USB memory sticks, even with a HASP usb key, with win
7 some usb works other don't nut the hasp key did'nt work.

No USB 2.0.

Them, good luck!!!