[Xen-users] CentOS 5.x / 6.x Dom0

Hi All,

Existing setup:

CentOS 5.x, RHEL kernel, gitco Xen 3.3 RPMs.

I am looking at migrating to Xen 4.1, by means of migrating from old hardware to brand new hardware and moving to Xen 4.1 at the same time.

3 options available to me:

Option 1:

Go CentOS 5.x, RHEL kernel, gitco Xen 4.1 RPMs.

Quite similar to my existing setup with Xen 3.3. Are there any notable downsides for using the RHEL kernel against Xen 4.1?

Option 2:

Go CentOS 5.x, pvops kernel (2.6.32 one), gitco Xen 4.1 RPMs.

The use of the pvops kernel would be new - how would this compare in terms of performance, stability and security fixes against the RHEL kernel?

Option 3:

Go CentOS 6.x, pvops kernel (2.6.32 one), Xen 4.1 RPMs from somewhere?/build from source.

In this particular case, the use of the pvops kernel means that I don't benefit from backported Redhat driver updates / other fixes. Are there RHEL kernels with pvops patched in available anywhere? How easy is it to patch in pvops to future RHEL kernel updates so that I don't need to wait for whoever to update their repo?

As for RHEL 6/CentOS 6.x Xen 4.1 RPMs - is there a preferred source, like how gitco was for CentOS 5.x? Or should I just build from source?

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can give.

Regards,

Alan