[Xen-users] Disk space used but not allocated

Hello everyone,

We are in trouble with my freespace on a XenServer 5.6 SP2 (fresh install).

For the moment, we use only one XS host, with the volume based local repository (1,5TB).

I created multiple snapshots but I removed anything i've created, and i also created VM disk for tests, removed as well.

Now, near 50% of our SR is used by (old VDI?) I don't know what, but i can't create new VM caused by the lack of free space :

1321,7 GB used of 1389,2 GB total (712,6 GB allocated)

I read "understanding Snapshots v1.1" and the CTX123400, so I used this command to reclaim space :

xe host-call-plugin host-uuid=<host-UUID> plugin=coalesce-leaf fn=leaf-coalesce args:vm_uuid=<VM-UUID>

I tried it on every VM i have on this host but it gave me this error :

Error code: XENAPI_PLUGIN_EXCEPTION
Error parameters: leaf-coalesce, Exception, VM has no leaf-coalesceable VDIs
Note:
Error: Parent VDI xxxxx of xxxxx not found, skipping SR xxxxx.

When I lvscan, there is a lot of inactive LVs and one of them is a 300GB that i used to test something on a VM, before any shapshot.

This LV should be deleted as I've deleted the disk on my local repository ? Nothing related to snapshots here ?

I saw the leaf-coalesce exception in the forum, but nothing helped me.

I really don't know how to reclaim this freespace... please, help me :)

Thanks a lot for your help, and your work !

--
Romain Meillon
Directeur Technique

ServiTICs