Re: [Xen-users] [XCP] Host Disabled, License expired, Can't renable

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 13:49:12 -0600
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 19:51:24 +0000

The key is the 'g' in the sed line if you have a pool.  If you have
previously tried it without the 'g' and it failed, try it with the 'g'.  It
does work in pools when the 'g' is included.

Personally, I'd like to see all of the expiry code completely removed and
full XCP support added to XenCenter.  The current issues with expiration and
version quirks creates a lot of confusion when a new user dives into XCP.
At a first glance, it always appears that XCP is going to only be usable for
30 days.  The expiration warnings are scaring some people away from XCP.