Re: [Xen-users] How to make a P2V domU be recognized by Xend

Hi Tony,

I just tried converting your linked config file myself. I'm getting the same error message as you, so it seems to be a bug in virsh/libvirt. For the record, this is my system:

[root@elemental log]# virsh version
Compiled against library: libvir 0.9.6
Using library: libvir 0.9.6
Using API: Xen 0.9.6
Running hypervisor: Xen 4.1.0

I'd suggest filing a bug in Debian and attaching your config file as a reference. I'm going to poke around a bit more with the libvirt debug options when I get back from a trip on Sunday, and based on the results of that I might file a bug in Fedora too.

One thing you might be able to try - run "xm new config.file". It's listed under "Common 'xm' commands" as " Adds a domain to Xend domain management". That might get it into libvirt/virsh, it might not. On my system it's not working, complaining about "No module named lxml", so I need to go find the module & install it.

As for your Remus question, I've never used Remus before, but as far as I know, Remus + Xen/libvirt can be run independently. At one point in time there was mention of being able to specify a disk like 'phy:remus:/dev/vg/lv' in your domain config file, and Xen would take care of some configuration options, but I'm not sure what happened to it.
Hopefully someone has a known-accurate answer.

Good luck!
- Kyle